Exploring Unanswered Questions ... and ... Unquestioned Answers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

WHERE IS THE POWER?

When I was ordained a Unity minister, the question came to me: If I could give only ONE message, what would it be? My answer was clear and simple: It would be about the POWER IN THE SILENCE.



On recognizing this, I suddenly became aware of messages affirming this:




  • I read these words of Jesus when he was asked to teach his apostle to pray: "When you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father Who sees what is done in secret, will reward you, ... for your Father knows what you need before you ask." [MATTHEW 6:6-8]




  • I saw these words by the writer of 2nd CORINTHIANS 4:18: "So let us fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."




  • I then discovered the writing of "Laotse TAO-TEH-CHING" by K.O.Schmidt:

USEFULNESS OF THE NON-EXISTENT


Thirty spokes meet in the hub/ But it is upon the empty space/the non-existent/ in the hub that the wheel's usefulness depends.


Kneading clay/one molds vessels of it/ But only their hollowness/the non-existent/ makes their filling possible. With walls/from which doors and windows are cut out/ a house is built./But only its empty space/the non-existent/ gives it its value.


The visible/the existent/ gives form to the work. The invisible/the non-existent/ gives it essence and meaning.




  • I soon discovered the writings of Unity's Founder, Charles Fillmore, in Talks on Truth, p 8, and I said "yes" to the following: "All power has its birth in the silence. There is no exception to this rule in all the evidence of life. Noise is the dying vibration of a spent force. All the clatter of visibility, from the harangue of the ward politician to the thunder's roar, is but evidence of exhausted power."

    • And, finally, the discoveries of contemporary physicists, such as David Bohm, protege of Einsten: "When physicists calculate the minimum amount of energy a wave can possess, they find that every cubic centemeter of empty space3 contains more energy than the total energy of all the matter in the known universe." from THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE by Michael Talbot.

    All confirmed what I had come to believe that ALL TRUE POWER lies in THE SILENCE. I invite you to reflect on these ideas and let's share our thoughts as they come to us!?


    In Love,


    Rev. Sandra










    What next?

    You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

    Add to Google Bookmarks

    2 comments:

    1. Well, I'm looking it over, and this particular link is working just fine... I wonder what's wrong with the other one!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Ok, I found a fix for for the comments. It's not as perfect as I'd like, but it does work - at least for me!

      ReplyDelete