Exploring Unanswered Questions ... and ... Unquestioned Answers

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Journey to EnLIGHTenment ...

In keeping with my commitment to "give life the LIGHT touch, both inside and out," I treasure the combination of insight with a touch of humor, such as this:
Roshi Philip Kapleau has said, “Reading about enlightenment is like scratching an itch through (the sole of) your shoe.”

However, the GOOD NEWS is that at least you are AWARE of the itch and can now set out a plan for GETTING TO IT!: I begin by asking such questions as:
Do I take off my shoe??? Wait, ... maybe my sock has a hole in it ... OR ... maybe my feet smell, ... OR ... what will others think if I proceed right where I am??? ... in church?/in a restaurant?/at the dining room table?/ ... Do I go to the "safety" of the bathroom where I can hide from everyone? ... after all, WHAT WILL OTHERS SAY??? ...

Question: Now you are AWARE ... WHAT NEXT? ... Oh, ... you are ALREADY "ENLIGHTENED?" ... I suggest if you THINK you are ... then maybe you'd better THINK AGAIN! ... What THINKETH ... YOU??? Sandra Rae Hymel

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Add to Google Bookmarks

No comments:

Post a Comment